Shiratamako (Glutinous Rice Flour), 7.05 oz
This brand of shiratamako, produced by Maehara, is one of the most traditional and popular rice flour brands in Japan. Made from 100% Japan-grown glutinous mochi rice, this shiratamako is an ideal and essential ingredient for making Japanese confectionery such as dango (mochi ball) and daifuku mochi. The flour is the essential component that gives mochi its chewy texture. This rice flour does not contain any food additives. It has a creamy taste, and you'll definitely notice the smooth, refined and elastic bouncy and chewy texture of deliciously sweet mochi when using this.
1. Empty the whole bag of Shiratamako in a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 cup warm water and knead. *Repeat the process 3 times (3/4 cup warm water used in total).
3. Divide the dough into 1-inch balls.
4. Place the balls in boiling water, and boil for another 1 -2 minutes after the balls begin to float.
5. Put the balls into a bowl full of cold water to chill, then remove and pat them dry.
6. Enjoy shiratama dango with kinako, red bean paste, mitarashi (sweet soy sauce), as a chewy topping for a parfait, anmitsu, or any way you like!