Handmade Inaniwa Udon Noodles "Gobun", 6.34 oz
When you taste these Handmade Inaniwa Udon Noodles you'll notice the difference right away. One of the three major types of udon noodles, Inaniwa udon has been handmade by artisans for over 300 years. They are smooth, strong, and exhibit a mild flavor. The process of making these exquisite noodles takes 4 days, and you'll want to savor every bite of these classic noodles--they make every udon noodle dish a masterpiece of flavor and texture.
A popular noodle in Japan, udon noodles are made from water, wheat flour, and salt. They are thicker than other types of noodles and have a slightly chewy texture. The noodles absorb the flavors of the broth they are served in, resulting in a very flavorful meal.
How to make simple warm udon noodles (Kake Udon):
1. In a large pot, boil plenty of water.
2. Add udon noodles and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain into a colander and rinse under cold running water for 10 seconds.
4. Place the noodles in a bowl.
5. Boil water and mentsuyu together in a small pan. *Water 2 : Mentsuyu 1
6. Pour boiled soup into the bowl containing the noodles, and top with scallions and shichimi pepper. Enjoy!
To upgrade the dish, add shrimp tempura, wakame seaweed or mochi.
Wheat Flour, Salt, Starch.