Takoyaki Flour (Takoyaki Mix), 16.0 oz
With this takoyaki flour, you're already halfway to making your own takoyaki (octopus balls)! Get a takoyaki pan ready, and you'll be devouring delicious, umami-rich takoyaki in no time. The flour is already mixed with bonito (katsuo) dashi and kombu (kelp) dashi, saving you the trouble of making your own flour mix and getting the blend of flavors just right! Cooked on a special takoyaki pan, it will become savory takoyaki, which is crunchy on the outside and gently melting on the inside.
1. Mix takoyaki flour, water and egg in a bowl as directed on the package.
2. Add a bit of oil to the holes of a takoyaki pan and heat it up. Pour the batter halfway into each hole.
3. Place chopped octopus, scallions, tenkasu (tempura crisp) and pickled ginger in each hole. Add more batter.
4. Cook halfway and use a toothpick to turn each ball over.
5. Once the takoyaki turns golden, serve with katsuobushi (bonito flakes) and sauce!
Unbleached Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Tapioca Starch, Corn Starch, Soy Sauce (Wheat, Soybeans, Maltodextrin, Salt), Salt, Leavening (Glucono Delta Lactone, Sodium Bicarbonate), Dextrose, Sugar, Kelp Powder, Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin. Contains: Wheat, Soy.