Shimanohikari Handmade Somen Noodles, 10.58 oz
Somen noodles are very thin noodles usually served cold with dipping sauce and are a popular dish in the summer. Made from the finest quality wheat flour, local sea salt, and pure sesame oil manufactured by Kadoya, a renowned local sesame oil producer, these noodles are superb. At just 0.8mm thick, the noodles are painstakingly crafted by the most skilled culinary artists over a span of two days and dried outside with natural sunshine and a winter sea breeze. The result is well worth it--a light, flavorful, refreshing noodle that makes the perfect cold noodle treat on hot summer days!
1. In a large pot, bring plenty of water to a boil.
2. Add somen noodles and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain into a colander and rinse under cold running water for 10 to 20 seconds.
4. Put the noodles in a bowl of cold water and rinse gently by hand.
5. Place the noodles on a plate and put ice cubes on it to keep somen freshly cold.
6. Enjoy with mentsuyu dipping sauce and assorted garnishes such as scallions and grated ginger.
Wheat Flour, Salt, Sesame Oil.