Okonomiyaki Flour (Okonomiyaki Mix), 15.9 oz
This okonomiyaki flour is the most important component needed to make savory and delicious okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancakes). This flour has already been perfectly blended with kombu (kelp) dashi, saving you the trouble of making your own okonomiyaki flour mix. With the flour, you can easily make authentic Osaka-style okonomiyaki to enjoy.
Follow this basic recipe to make delicious Osaka-style okonomiyaki. The recipe calls for pork belly but you can use shrimp or any other ingredients you desire.
1. Mix okonomiyaki flour and water in a bowl.
2. Add cabbage and eggs and mix thoroughly until the egg yolks coat the entire batter.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium-low heat and add oil.
4. Add half the batter into the frying pan and form a pancake a little less than 1 inch thick. Add pork belly on the top of the mound.
5. Cook for 3 minutes. Then flip! Cook the other side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Pour okonomiyaki sauce and mayo on the top and spread over the top of the Okonomiyaki. Garnish with scallions or bonito flakes and serve!
Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate Monohydrate), Modified Food Starch, Soy Flour, Kelp powder, Salt, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Guar Gum. Contains: Wheat, Soy.