Okonomiyaki Kit 2 Servings, 4.3 oz
If you ever wanted to make authentic Osaka-style okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake), all you need is this easy-to-use kit. The kit contains the perfect ratios of okonomiyaki mix powder, tenkasu (tempura crisps), Japan-grown yam powder and Japan-grown aonori (dried seaweed) flakes, so there is no guesswork, only umami-rich flavor! Purchase fresh eggs, scallions, cabbage, and pork or shrimp, and enjoy!
1. Combine the okonomiyaki flour sachet, yam flour sachet, and 160ml water in a large bowl.
2. Add 300g chopped cabbage, 2 chopped scallions, 2 eggs, and the tenkasu sachet and mix well.
3. On a hot plate or saucepan over medium heat (200C), spoon out the batter into two equal pancakes and cook for 3 minutes. While the pancakes are cooking, lay the strips of thinly sliced pork or the shrimp across the top.
4. Carefully turn the pancakes over and cover with a lid. Turn the heat up to high (240C) and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Turn the pancakes over again and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Transfer the okonomiyaki to plates, drizzle with okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayo to your liking, and sprinkle with the nori seaweed sachets. Enjoy!
Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed, Soy Beans), Baking Powder (Sodiumhydrogen Carbonate, Disodiumdihydrogen Phyrophosphate), Yampowder, Kelp Powder, Sugars(Sugar, Dextrin, Glucose), Salt, Monosodiuml-Glutamate, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotide, Succinic Acid, Driedsquid, Green Seaweed, Potato Starch, Mackerel Powder, Bonito Extract, Dried Bonito Powder, Scallop Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Proteins (Corn, Wheat Flour, Soy Beans), Red Chilipepper. Contains: Wheat, Soy, Mackerel, Bonito, Scallop, Squid.