Cha Soba Noodles (Matcha Blended Soba), 7.05 oz
Soba (buckwheat noodles) have been enjoyed in Japan for centuries. “Cha soba” (buckwheat noodles blended with green tea), equally loved by Japanese, have a slightly sweeter taste than regular buckwheat soba. Toa Foods’ Cha Soba Noodles are made with select domestically grown wheat and buckwheat flours, and aromatic, matcha of the highest quality from Uji, Kyoto Prefecture. The product contains four times more matcha than other standard cha soba (4% in total), which gives it a distinctive matcha flavor, aroma, and a beautiful natural green color (No artificial colorants are used). Also unique to this product is that it employs a traditional drying method. Taking 12-15 hours, this contributes to the noodles’ smooth surface, chewy texture, and matcha aroma. It can be enjoyed both cold with “mentsuyu” (dipping sauce) and hot in dashi broth. It’s also great as a salad dish. The product is sealed in an aluminum package that preserves the cha soba noodles’ flavor and aroma. One package contains noodles for 2-3 servings.
1. In a large pot, bring plenty of water to a boil.
2. Add soba noodles and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain into a colander and rinse under cold running water for 10 to 20 seconds.
4. Put the noodles in a bowl of cold water, rinse gently by hand, and then drain again.
5. Place the noodles on a plate or “zaru” (bamboo plate) and top it with thinly cut nori seaweed.
6. Enjoy with “mentsuyu" dipping sauce and assorted garnishes such as scallions and wasabi.
Wheat Flour, Powdered Green Tea, Buckwheat Flour, Salt.