Apple Honey, 10.58 oz
A natural environment and eco-friendly production methods are the pillars of Sugi Bee Garden, the 75-year-old company that specializes in beekeeping, harvesting honey, hand-crafting honey products, and selling what they produce. Since its foundation in the rich nature of Kumamoto Prefecture, the company has committed to their business while upholding the philosophy of “Wholesome ‘Apiriculture’” (coined from apiculture and agriculture). They also maintain high standards of quality and safety control, utilizing management strategies based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines.
To make Apple Honey, Sugi Bee Garden masterfully blends house-made honey and refreshing green apple juice, creating a uniquely light and syrupy taste with a touch of tartness. Apple Honey is as versatile as regular honey—you can spread it on bread, pour it over desserts like ice cream, yogurt, and pancakes, and mix it into sauces and marinades for savory dishes. But it also makes great hot and cold drinks just by diluting one part of Apple Honey with five parts water. If you mix it with gin or vodka, you can create a wonderful cocktail.
You can use Apple Honey just like regular honey, but the following two desserts are other examples of how to enjoy its exquisitely refreshing green apple aroma and flavor.
Apple Honey Kanten Jelly
- In a pot dissolve 4 g (0.8 tsp) of kanten (agar) powder in 350 ml (about 12 oz) of hot water and simmer for 2-3 minutes at medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add 150 ml (about 5 oz) Apple Honey, mix well, and let it sit until it’s cool enough to touch.
- Transfer the mixture to a container and refrigerate. 4. Cut shapes with your choice of cookie cutters and serve.
Apple Honey Sandwich Cookies
- Place 100 g (3.5 oz) of all-purpose flour and 30 g (1 oz) of vegetable oil in a plastic bag and mix well by repeatedly kneading the bag.
- Once the flour and oil are incorporated, add 60 g (2 oz) of regular honey and knead further into a consistent dough.
- Keeping the dough in the bag, form it with a rolling pin into a 3-5 mm (0.1-0.2 inch) thick sheet.
- Preheat oven to 170℃ (about 340°F). Remove the dough sheet from the plastic bag, and cut shapes with your choice of cookie cutters. Use half of the cookies for a bottom layer of a sandwich cookie, and the other half for the top. Make a small hole in the top layer cookies to be filled in later.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 12 minutes (adjust baking time according to doneness). Once baked, let them cool.
- Use the Apple Honey to glue the two cookie layers together. Then finally fill the hole on the top with Apple Honey.
Refined Honey, Apple Juice, Citric Acid, Pectin, Flavoring.